Library extension project 2012-2013
- How important is the Library to your study and research?
- Number of visits to UOW Main Library, 2008-2011
- UOW is creating a larger library for you
- Library extension images
- Key dates
- Curriculum Resources Centre (CRC) renovations
How important is the Library to your study and research?
How important is the Library to your study and research? Extremely important it seems, so much so, it’s getting busier and busier and much harder for you to find the right space at the right time to do your work. In fact, over the past two years, we’ve averaged over 1.5 million visitors. So it’s no wonder we’ve been hearing things like:
- “There could be more tables or spaces for group work, especially on the top or bottom floor.” (Client Satisfaction Survey, 2012)
- “It is always difficult to find a seat in the library in peak time. It would be better if there were more seats in the Library.“ (Feedback - 27th October, 2011)
- “Most problems relate to size or space. Need more computers, need more room to fit them in.” (Client Satisfaction Survey, 2012)
- “The Library is getting busier each session. It is way too difficult to find a place to sit let alone one with a computer charger or computer. More computers and seating is needed.” (Feedback – 1st November, 2011)
- “The library is nearing its capacity, may need to be bigger.” (Client Satisfaction Survey, 2010)
Number of visits to UOW Main Library, 2008-2011
UOW is creating a larger library for you
We can now officially announce that the Library will be expanding into Building 17, Level Two commencing in October, 2012. We will also be re-purposing space in the Main Library, in particular the Media Room.
What this means for you includes:
- Power and space for you to use your technology and ours with approximately 250 additional seats, including 191 powered sites.
- Two new postgraduate spaces.
- Approximately 18 comfy armchairs in study spaces.
- Re-development of the ground floor main Library Media Room to include open access Short Loans, Bonus+ and holds.
Library extension images
Keep up to date with the Library Extension Project by viewing images of the works. New images will be updated regularly throughout the project. View images in our Facebook album.
|October 2012||Work commences in Building 17, Level Two (demolition, power, network, paint and carpet etc). Work commences on Library, Level Two Link to Building 17.|
|November 2012||Work commences in main Library Media Room.|
|February 2013||Access to the new Library space, Building 17, Level 2.|
We will endeavour to keep you up-to-date with progress and look forward to showing you our new Library spaces.
Curriculum Resources Centre (CRC) renovations
In the lead up to the commencement of Autumn session, the CRC will undergo some minor renovations to improve functionality and access to the space.
Renovations commenced on 11 February will include the following:
- Re-location of the Overnight Returns chute to the Northern side of the building (directly across from Building 25). Access to the new chute will be via an external staircase.
- A new entrance into the CRC: the main entrance will now be accessible via an external staircase on the Southern side of the building 22.
Questions, comments or feedback?
Please direct your questions, comments or feedback to:
University Librarian, Margie Jantti: firstname.lastname@example.org