Library Consultative Committee
About the Library Consultative Committee
- University Librarian
- Associate Librarian, Client Services
- An elected member from each Faculty (preferably from the Faculty Library Committee or Faculty Education Committee)
- An elected member from the Academic Services Division
- Other Library staff may be in attendance as necessary
Membership should be on a two year rolling basis to ensure continuity. Academic staff may be elected for a second term if agreed by the faculty.
Terms of reference
- Contribute to the development and review of policies, objectives and priorities for the provision of library and information services.
- Advise on information resource requirements to support key research, teaching and learning.
- Advise the University Librarian on planning for future library and information services which meet the goals of the faculties and University.
- Monitor the effectiveness of service provision.
- Act as a conduit for information between faculties and Library.
- a forum for communicating library policies and services to the University community
- feedback to Library staff, through representatives of students and academic staff, on the effectiveness of services an opportunity to raise and discuss initiatives for the provision of services
- The Committee will normally meet two to three times per year. Additional meetings may be scheduled on a needs basis.
- All members will be invited to contribute agenda items.
- The University Librarian will chair the meetings.
- Minutes will be recorded by the Associate Librarian, Client Services and distributed, for confirmation, within five working days of the meeting.
- On confirmation, minutes of the meeting will be posted on the Library web site.
|Chairperson||Ms Margie Jantti||University Librarian|
|Secretary||Ms Lesley Ngatai||Associate Librarian, Client Services|
|Ex officio||Prof Rob Castle||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)|
|Academic Services Division||Mr Ray Stace||CASR|
|Sydney Business School||Ms Lauren Richardson||Sydney Business School Innovation Campus Librarian|
|UOW College||Ms Lynette Harris|
Mr Henry Lee
|Arts||Dr Tony Simoes da Silva|
Dr Debra Dudek
|Creative Arts||Dr Jon Cockburn||FEC Chair|
|Commerce||A/PR Michael Zanko||Associate Dean|
|Education||A/PR Ian Brown||Associate Dean|
|Engineering||Dr Vinod Jayan Sylaja||Civil Mining and Environmental Engineering|
|Graduate School of Medicine||Mr Darryl McAndrew||-|
|Health and Behavioural Science||Dr Karen Walton||-|
|Informatics||A/PR Graham Williams||Deputy Dean|
|Law||Ms Margaret Bond||-|
|Medical Research Institute||Ms Sue Baker-Finch||-|
|Science||A/PR Paul Carr||Associate Dean|
- Document Delivery system upgrade - service unavailable from Fri 13 Dec 16:30 to Mon 16 Dec midday.
- UOW Clubs & Societies Exhibition - Library Panizzi Room
- Open Access @ UOW
- News@Library Spring edition released