- Borrowing conditions
- Returning items
- Avoiding late fines
- Overdue returns / fines and fees / lost or damaged items
- Paying Library fines and fees
- Library notices by email
- Renewing items
- Placing holds
- Recalls of items
- Borrowing from other libraries - University Libraries Australia and New Zealand borrowing scheme (ULANZ)
|Category||Membership||Maximum items (including 2 short loans)||Loan period||Maximum holds||Renewals|
|01||General staff||30||28 days||10 (including 10 BONUS+ holds)||2|
|02||Academics and visiting lecturers/researchers||unlimited||1 session||unlimited (including 10 BONUS+ holds)||1|
|03||Doctoral||unlimited||1 session||unlimited (including 10 BONUS+ holds)||1|
|04||Masters by Research||unlimited||1 session||unlimited (including 10 BONUS+ holds)||1|
|05||Masters by Coursework||30||28 days||10 (including 10 BONUS+ holds)||2|
|06||Master of Studies||30||28 days||10 (including 10 BONUS+ holds)||2|
|07||Graduate Diploma||30||28 days||10 (including 5 BONUS+ holds)||2|
|08||Honours||30||28 days||10 (including 5 BONUS+ holds)||2|
|09||Undergraduate||30||28 days||10 (including 5 BONUS+ holds)||2|
|10||Diploma of Education||30||28 days||10 (including 5 BONUS+ holds)||2|
|11||Diploma||30||28 days||10 (including 5 BONUS+ holds)||2|
|12||Non-degree (inclu. UOW College)||30||28 days||10 (including 5 BONUS+ holds)||2|
|14||Guests||30 (no access to Short Loans)||28 days||No holds||2|
|16||UOW alumni||30 (no access to Short Loans)||28 days||10||2|
|19||ULANZ||30 (no access to Short Loans)||28 days||No holds||2|
- Main Library - during opening hours: return items through the returns chute in the Library's entry foyer.
- Main Library - after hours: return items through the after hours chute at the back of the Library. To avoid late fees, return items during opening hours on the due date.
- CRC items - return to the CRC. To avoid late fees, return items during opening hours on the due date.
- Libraries at other locations: return to the library from which items were borrowed.
- Shoalhaven – for staff and students living in the Shoalhaven area, items borrowed in person from the Main Library may be returned to the Shoalhaven Campus Library.
- Sydney Business School, Sydney Campus – for staff and students based at the Sydney Campus, items borrowed in person from the Main Library may be returned to the Sydney Business School Library.
- By post: mail items to Client Services, University of Wollongong Library, Locked Bag No 8813, Wollongong, NSW 2500.
Avoiding late fines
- To avoid late fees, items must be returned during opening hours on the due date.
Late returns / lost or damaged items
- Fines apply for overdue returns and lost or damaged items:
- $1 per day per item
- Laptops: $10 per hour or part hour for laptops
- Short Loans items: $3 for the first hour or part hour and $1 for every additional hour or part hour.
- Minimum replacement charge for lost/damaged items: $125 per item.
- Replacement charge for lost/damaged laptop computers: $1,500 per computer.
- Your borrowing privileges will be suspended if you have reached the fine limit of $60 ($10 for visitors).
Paying Library fines and fees
- To check for any fines you owe, view your borrowing record.
- Paying by EFTPOS/credit card: pay at the Short Loans service desk (EFTPOS/credit cards only), or call 02 4221 3545.
- Paying by cash: pay at the Campus Post Office
Library notices by email
- UOW staff and students - Library notices are sent to your UOW email account.
- Alumni, community and visitor members - notices are sent to your nominated email account.
- It is your responsibility to check your email regularly for Library notices.
- An item can be renewed if ...
- it has not already been renewed twice. Session loans can only be renewed once.
- it has not been placed on hold by another borrower.
- it is not in a restricted collection.
- You can renew items online, or via the phone (02 4221 3545), or in person.
- Holds cannot be placed on items out on loan when there are copies available for loan in the Library.
- To place a hold: locate the Catalogue record for the item. Select "Hold" from the menu at the top of the page and follow the prompts.
- You will be notified by email when the item is available. Please collect items from Short Loans within 7 days.
Recalls of items
- An item on loan may be recalled if a hold is placed by another borrower, or if it has been selected for inclusion in the Short Loans Collection.
- If you receive a recall notice email, it will indicate a NEW due date. Avoid late fines by returning the item during opening hours on the new due date.
- $2 per day applies to each overdue recalled item.
Content by: Client Services Team