What is BONUS+ at UOW?
BONUS+ is a resource–sharing initiative that allows students and staff to borrow selected books from other participating university libraries. There are over 6 million books to borrow.
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Griffiths University
- La Trobe University
- Massey University (New Zealand)
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- University of Melbourne
- University of Newcastle
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Wollongong
- Victoria University
If the book you need is not held or not available at University of Wollongong Library, request it using BONUS+ and collect it a few days later.
How to request a book?
- Search our Classic Catalogue
- Click the icon. This repeats the search in the BONUS+ catalogue.
- Select the book.
- Select “REQUEST THIS ITEM”.
- Select University of Wollongong. Then “Submit”.
- Enter your details.
- Choose your home library as the pickup location. Then “Submit”.
- You will receive an email when your book arrives.
What is available from the BONUS+ catalogue?
- Selected books from each library.
- Selections are updated to show availability.
Who can use BONUS+?
- Domestic staff and students at University of Wollongong.
How many BONUS + requests can be made at a time?
|Client category||Number of BONUS+ requests||Loan period|
|Postgraduate (Masters and above)||10||21 days|
NOTE: A BONUS+ loan remains on a clients borrowing record until such time as the borrowed item is returned and checked in at the library the book was requested from.
What are the BONUS+ borrowing rules?
- Loan period 21 days. No recall.
- An additional 21 day renewal may be possible if another user has not requested the item
- $125 fine for billed or lost books.
- Overdue penalties apply at the same rate as a standard overdue loan from University of Wollongong.
How long does it take for a BONUS+ delivery?
- Usually 2-7 working days subject to availability.
How to collect and return items?
- Once you receive the email notification, collect from your home library within 7 days.
- Return books to your home library.
How to check a BONUS+ request?
- Check your library record, log into “My Info”.
- Status “RECV’D” means the book is ready for pickup.
How to cancel a BONUS+ request?
- Log into your library record (My Info) or contact library staff.
- Cancellations only possible if item showing as “Requested” or “Hold”.