Borrowing books via BONUS+
What is BONUS+?
- BONUS+ is a resource–sharing initiative that allows students and staff to borrow selected books from other participating university libraries.
- There are over 6 million books to borrow.
Who can use BONUS+?
- Domestic staff and students at University of Wollongong.
How to request a book via BONUS+?
- Search our Classic Catalogue.
- Click the icon, and this repeats the search in the BONUS+ catalogue.
- Select the book.
- Select “REQUEST THIS ITEM”.
- Select University of Wollongong. Then “Submit”.
- Enter your details.
- Choose your home library as the pickup location. Then “Submit”.
- You will receive an email when your book arrives.
How many BONUS+ requests can I make?
|Client category||Number of BONUS+ requests||Loan period|
|Postgraduate (Masters and above)||10||21 days|
NOTE: A BONUS+ loan stays on a user's borrowing record until the borrowed item is returned and checked in at the library from which the book was requested.
What are the borrowing rules?
- Loan period 21 days. No recall.
- An additional 21 day renewal may be possible if another user has not requested the item.
- $125 fine for billed or lost books.
- Overdue penalties apply.
How long does it take for a request to arrive?
- Usually 2-7 working days subject to availability.
How to collect and return BONUS+ items?
- Once you receive the email notification, collect from your home library within 7 days.
- Return books to your home library.
How to check my BONUS+ request?
- Check your library record, log into “My Info”.
- Status “RECV’D” means the book is ready for pickup.
How to cancel my BONUS+ request?
- Log into your library record (My Info) or contact library staff.
- Cancellations only possible if item showing as “Requested” or “Hold”.