Using computers in the Library
We have computers on all floors
- You will have a better chance of finding an available computer if you visit the Library before 10am or after 4pm during the week.
- More computers are in the Building 17 - Library South Wing, and the ITS Labs.
Conditions of use
- Requirements Governing the Use of IT Facilities
- Do not use Library computers to make illegal copies of copyrighted material - see UOW Copyright information and Music, Video & Software Piracy Policy
- Your computer may be offered to another user if you leave it unattended. If this happens and if possible, we will save your work and take your belongings to the Loans Desk on the Ground Floor.
Computers for different needs
- Desktops: Desktop computers with access to catalogue, email, database, Internet and in demand software. USB/CD/DVD available.
- Laptops (for loan)
Software and languages available on Library computers
Internet access and Internet quota
- Internet access is available only to the UOW community - SOLS username and password are required
- UOW Internet quota system information
Using your personal computer at UOW (wireless network access and printing)
PC and Mac laptops you can borrow
- PC laptops - available from Short Loans in the Main Library and the Curriculum Resources Centre (Building 22)
- Mac laptops - available from the Curriculum Resources Centre (Building 22)
Save your work often because lost files are not recoverable
- YOU are responsible for saving your files
- All files are automatically deleted from the computer when you log off
- Work with a copy on the computer desktop
- Back up and save your work often to a removable storage device
Rovers are available to help
Last reviewed: 19 February, 2013