Using computers in the Library
Conditions of use
- Requirements Governing the Use of IT Facilities
- Do not use Library computers to make illegal copies of copyrighted material - see UOW Copyright information and Music, Video & Software Piracy Policy.
- Internet access is available only to the UOW community. Data usage quota applies.
Computers on every floor
- During the week, you will have a better chance of finding an available computer if you visit the Library before 10 am or after 4 pm.
- More computers are in Building 17 (Library South Wing, and ITS computer labs).
Software and languages installed
laptops you may borrow
- Windows laptops - available from Short Loans in the Main Library and from the Curriculum Resources Centre (Building 22)
- Mac laptops - available from the Curriculum Resources Centre (Building 22)
Save often because lost files are not recoverable
- YOU are responsible for saving your files
- All files are automatically deleted from the computer when you log off
- Work with a copy on the computer's desktop
- Back up and save your work often to a removable storage device
bringing your own computer (wireless network access and printing)
Last reviewed: 19 July, 2013
- Document Delivery system upgrade - service unavailable from Fri 13 Dec 16:30 to Mon 16 Dec midday.
- UOW Clubs & Societies Exhibition - Library Panizzi Room
- Open Access @ UOW
- News@Library Spring edition released