Referencing and citing
What is referencing?
University studies are about building your knowledge based on the expertise of others.
You need to be able to:
- Fulfil UOW requirements by referencing sources appropriately; failure to do this results in plagiarism and disciplinary measures.
- Use the preferred style for your subject or discipline
- Enable readers to trace citations to the original source
What referencing styles to use?
- Check the Subject Outline to determine the style required by your Faculty or School.
- If no style is indicated, use Author - Date (Harvard) - available via UOW Style Guides below.
- Refer to StartSmart - integrity @Uni - for a refresher.
Last reviewed: 16 January, 2013
- Document Delivery system upgrade - service unavailable from Fri 13 Dec 16:30 to Mon 16 Dec midday.
- UOW Clubs & Societies Exhibition - Library Panizzi Room
- Open Access @ UOW
- News@Library Spring edition released