Referencing and citing resources
UOW referencing style guides
Students MUST refer to their faculty/school to determine the required referencing style AND comply with the Academic Integrity and Plagiarism Policy.
To determine the correct referencing style for your subject:
- Refer to the table of faculty/school preferred styles.
- If no style is listed, check with the subject lecturer/tutor.
- If no style is specified, use the UOW Author-Date (Harvard) Referencing Guide.
|Health and Behavioural Sciences|| |
Other style guides
- APA - University of Southern Queensland
- CBE - Online! Citation Styles
- Chicago - Online! Citation Styles
- MLA - 'MLA 2009 Formatting and Style Guide' from Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- NHMRC - National Library of Medicine
- Oxford - Learning Centre, University of NSW
- Vancouver - Monash University
UOW print referencing resources
|The Chicago Manual of Style 1993, 14th edn, University of Chicago Press, Chicago.||808.027/4|
|Garner, DL 1993, The Complete Guide to Citing Government Information Resources: A Manual for Writers & Librarians, rev. edn, Congressional Information Service, Bethesda, Maryland.||808.066/40|
|Harmon, C 2000, Using the Internet, Online Services & CD-ROMS for Writing Research and Term Papers, 2nd edn, Neal-Schuman, New York.||371.202812/1|
|Li, X & Crane, N 1996, Electronic Styles, 2nd edn, Information Today, Medford, New Jersey.||808.027/6|
|MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers 2009, 7th edn, Modern Language Association of America, New York.||808.02/34|
|Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association 2001, 5th edn, American Psychological Association, Washington.||808.02/15|
|Stinson, B 1990, Citing Non-book Materials: A Guide for Researchers and Students, Macquarie University Library, North Ryde, NSW.||808.02/73|
|Style Manual for Authors, Editors and Printers 2002, 6th edn, John Wiley, Queensland.||808.02/117|
|Walker, JR 1998, The Columbia Guide to Online Style, Columbia University Press, New York.||808.027/7|