Library Client Satisfaction Survey 2006
Results and responses
The Library extends a big thank you to the members of the University community who took time out to say what they thought about our services and resources. The Library received 1432 completed surveys. The Library has emerged well from the survey process, with students and staff indicating that improvement has occurred in the vast majority of surveyed items.
Improved results compared to 2004 and 2002
A score of 94% for the overall assessment of the quality of the Library is an improvement of 3% as compared to 2004 data and an improvement of 6% as compared to 2002.
Find out more:
What you said the Library did well
The survey statement with the highest rating for Library performance was "Access to electronic resources is easily available". View the top ten in performance.
What you said was most important
The survey statement with the highest rating of importance for students and staff was "The Library collection is adequate for my needs". View the top ten in importance.
Where there is room for improvement
By comparing statements with high importance rating and low performance ratings, we can see where you think the Library can improve. Anything with a 'gap' score of greater than 2 is considered statistically significant. (In looking at the aggregated results, we did not have any statements with a gap greater than 2). View the top ten gaps between importance and performance.
What the Library will do about it
See what is currently offered, what the Library is doing to further improve and tips on how to get the most out Library services and resources. View what you said and what the Library can do:
- Access to computers to support study/research is adequate
- Individual seating is adequate
- The Library's collection is adequate for my needs
- Quiet study facilities are adequate
- Course-specific resources are easy to find and access
- Access to electronic databases is easily available
- Off-campus access to electronic information resources and services is adequate
- The Library catalogue provides clear and useful information
- Prompt corrective action is taken regarding missing books and journals
- The Library catalogue is easy to use
Who completed the survey?
A total of 1432 surveys were completed and returned to the Library. To find out more about who completed the survey, view the response table.
Content by: Manager, Quality & Marketing