Teach yourself: online tutorials
How to use self loan units to borrow items
- Scan the barcode of your library card by placing it flat under the scanner.
- The display screen will change to show the your name at the bottom of the screen.
- Place the item to be borrowed flat on the self loan unit with the front cover facing up.
- Position the barcode on the front cover under the scanner and ensure the spine of the item is pushed firmly against the edge of the unit.
- When the barcode has scanned, there will be a beep and the title of the item will appear on the screen.
- Once all items are scanned, tap the receipt button on the screen to print out the due date receipt.
Location of self loan units
- 2 near the service point (Ground Level)
- 1 in the Short Loans Room (Ground Level)
- 1 on Level 1 near the East Stairs
- 1 on Level 1 near the Central Stairs
Last reviewed: 14 February, 2014