Curriculum Resources Centre (CRC)
- What is the CRC?
- Where is the CRC?
- Opening hours
- Services and facilities
- Accessing the CRC Collection
- Borrowing from the CRC
- Returning CRC items
- CRC Short Loans Collection
- Contacting the CRC
What is the CRC?
- To provide teaching resource materials for the students and staff of the School of Education.
- The Collection:
- Early childhood through to Year 12 material covering most subjects.
- Primary and Secondary school syllabi and support material.
- Various formats including books, kits, DVDs, CDs, posters, computer software, games and toys.
- Children's literature.
Where is the CRC?
First Floor of Building 22, Wollongong Campus.
Services and facilities
- Online access to catalogues, e-journals, and databases
- Short Loans Collection
- Information service
- Group study areas
- Mac and PC laptop loans
- Audio-visual equipment
- Disabled users access available
Accessing the CRC Collection
- Items in the CRC can be located using the Library Catalogue. The Catalogue record location field will indicate if the item is in the CRC (e.g. CRC Lending, CRC Junior Fiction, CRC Short Loans).
- To limit the Library Catalogue search to items from the CRC:
From the Summon results screen, refine by Library Location - CRC.
From the Classic Catalogue results screen, click on the Modify Search or Limit/Sort Search box then use the location drop down box to select CRC.
Borrowing CRC items
- The number of items and length of loan is dependent on your borrower category.
- Items from the Main Library are included in the total number of items that clients can borrow.
- Refer to Library borrowing information.
Returning CRC items
- Items borrowed from the CRC should be returned to the CRC, not to the Main Library.
- During CRC opening hours, return items through the returns chute outside the CRC main entrance.
- An after hours returns chute is available at the top of the northern stairs exit for Building 22.
The CRC Short Loans Collection
This collection offers short term loan to high demand materials.
Short Loan items include:
- Some prescribed texts and recommended readings
- Syllabus documents
- Reference material
Generally, these materials are available for 2-hour loan.
Overnight loans are available on some Short Loan items. In these cases, material may be borrowed in the final 2 hours of opening and must be returned by 9am the following day. Items borrowed on Friday are due Monday morning.
Contacting the CRC
Telephone: 02 42 213979
Curriculum Resources Centre, The University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia.
Content by: Team Leader, Client Services