Short Loans Collection
- Use the Library Catalogue to search the Short Loans Collection.
About Short Loans
- What is Short Loans?
- Opening hours
- Where is Short Loans?
- Using Short Loans
- Borrowing conditions
- Overnight loans
- Returning Short Loans items
- Overdue items and fines
- Accessing electronic readings
What is Short Loans?
The Short Loans Collection offers short loans to high demand items selected by lecturers to cover essential readings:
- Prescribed texts and recommended readings
- Electronic readings
- Past exams papers in electronic format
- Lecture and Tutorial notes in electronic format
Where is Short Loans?
- The Short Loans Room is on the ground floor of the University Library, Building 16, Wollongong main campus.
- The CRC (Building 22).
- Electronic readings are accessed via the E-Readings and Short Loans link on the Library Catalogue from on or off campus.
Using Short Loans
- Go to the Short Loans Room with the call number of the item you need.
- Find the item on the shelf.
- Check out the item using a self check-out machine.
- Two items can be borrowed at a time for two hours
- Short Loans are part of your normal borrowing limit
- No renewals are allowed on Short Loans items
- Overnight loans are available on some Short Loans items.
- Items can only be borrowed during the final two hours of opening.
- Overnight loans must be returned the following day at 09:00 AM Monday - Friday, or 10:00 AM Saturday/Sunday.
- Late return of overnight loans will result in fines of $3.00 for the first hour or part thereof, and $1.00 for every additional hour or part thereof.
- Late returns may result in overnight Short Loans privileges being removed for a session.
Returning Short Loans items
- Use the chute at the Short Loans Room.
- Short Loans Overnight loans can be returned to the Library's overnight chute or the Returns Chute.
Overdue items and fines
- If you have overdue items or have reached fines of $60, you will be blocked from borrowing Short Loans material.
- Fines apply to overdue items: $3.00 within the first hour overdue, and $1.00 for each additional hour or part hour after that.
Accessing electronic readings
- Access is via the Library Catalogue from on or off campus. You will need your UOW email user name and password and Adobe Acrobat Reader software to access and open electronic readings.
Content by: Short Loans Officer