Using your Library
Use SEARCH to find:
- academic journals and journal articles
- biographies, news and newspapers
- books and eBooks
- conference materials
- magazines and trade journals
- maps and music scores
- multimedia (audio and video)
- reports and reviews
- theses and dissertations
Use our catalogue to find:
- print books, journals, maps, multimedia (audio and video) and other physical items held in our campus libraries
- electronic books (eBooks)
Access scanned articles and past exam papers for your subject in your subject readings.
Databases, journals and theses
Find a UOW thesis or theses from Australia and the rest of the world.
Use your student/staff ID card to borrow and request items from our libraries.
Your card's barcode is used when borrowing items on one of our self-loan machines, or when logging into your online record where you can check your borrowing history, place holds or renew your items.
Borrow items from other libraries
If the item you're after is unavailable or not held by our libraries, try these services (in order of delivery speed):
- ICDD (inter-campus document delivery) which allows all on-shore regional campus staff and enrolled students to borrow any item held at Wollongong Main Library and the Curriculum Resources Centre (CRC).
- BONUS+ to search participating universities for books held in their libraries.
- ArticleReach to request journal articles from participating university libraries.
- Document Delivery for items not available using the other three methods. Delivery times vary as material can be sourced worldwide.
24/7 online support
The curated content in our guides will help you with your studies and research. Look for guides specific to your faculty, school or course for subject help.
Free, campus-wide wireless access is available for all UOW staff and students.
Visiting from another university? Eduroam is available across UOW and 500+ locations worldwide.
Print, copy and scan
Our referencing guide teaches you how to reference by example and covers Author-Date (Harvard), AGLC, APA6 and Footnoting styles along with helpful information on using referencing tools like EndNote and Zotero.
Our copyright guide will help you use and comply with Australian copyright law. You can also find useful information here about accessing ABS CURFs, HILDA and LSAC data sets.
Find services, resources and information for:
- Students (undergraduate, honours, postgraduate, distance education, UOW College)
- Students with disabilities
- Staff (academic, professional)
- Research and teaching support
- Community and visitors
Discover contact information, opening hours, study spaces, maps, news and events across all of our campus libraries.