Historical Records Collection
The Archives holds a range of records documenting the corporate, academic and social history of the University of Wollongong.
This includes records from it's predecessor institutions, the Wollongong University College (1962-74) and the University Division of the Wollongong Technical College (1951-61).
It also includes records from the Wollongong Institute of Education (1973-82), which amalgamated with the University in 1982, and it's predecessor, the Wollongong Teachers' College (1962-72).
The collection comprises both published and unpublished UOW produced and/or related material.
Major series held include:
- Annual reports
- Newsletters (e.g. Campus News)
- Graduation booklets
- Academic research journals (e.g. Illawarra Unity)
- Promotional material (e.g. leaflets, posters)
- Media releases
- Press/newspaper clippings
- Student association publications (e.g. Tertangala)
- Committee minutes (e.g. University Council and Academic Senate meetings papers)
- Selected administrative records from individual Units and Schools/Departments