Short Loans Collection
- The Short Loans Collection offers 2 hour loans to required texts, high demand items, and equipment.
- Short Loans is open during Library opening hours.
- Accessing electronic readings
Where is Short Loans?
- The Short Loans area is on the ground floor of the University Library, Building 16, Wollongong main campus.
How to search the Short Loans Collection
- Use the Library Catalogue to search the Short Loans Collection.
How to access required texts and high demand items
- Go to the Short Loans shelves with the call number of the item you need.
- Find the item on the shelf.
- Check out the item using a self check-out machine.
Overnight loans for required texts and high demand items
- Overnight loans are available on some Short Loans items.
- Items can only be borrowed during the final two hours of opening.
- Overnight loans must be returned the following day at 09:00 AM Monday - Friday, or 10:00 AM Saturday/Sunday and Public Holidays.
- Late return of overnight loans will result in fines of $3.00 for the first hour or part thereof, and $1.00 for every additional hour or part thereof.
- Late returns may result in overnight Short Loans privileges being removed for a session.
How to access equipment
- Request from the Short Loans service desk.
- Equipment available include:
- Group study room kits
- Media reader and writer
No renewals allowed on items in the Short Loans Collection.
- Required texts and high demand items - use the chute at the Short Loans Service desk
- All other equipment - return to staff at the Short Loans service desk.
- Overnight loans - place in the Library's overnight returns chute OR during opening hours, at the Short Loans service desk.
Overdue items and fines
- Fines apply to overdue items: $3.00 within the first hour overdue, and $1.00 for each additional hour or part hour after that.
- You will be blocked from borrowing Short Loans items if you have overdue items or have reached $60 in fines.
- Electronic readings are accessed via the E-Readings and Short Loans link on the Library Catalogue from on or off campus.
- Electronic readings access is restricted to UOW students and staff - you will need to use your UOW email username and password to log in.
- Electronic readings are in PDF - you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.